Monday, April 5, 2010

Nutrition

I used to write all the time
Words flowing from my hand to the pen
Makin its way to the paper…via my brain
I used to make jaws drop and draws flop
All wit these words
Via my penis
I used to cause different forms of enlightenment
Make people question entitlement
Make men think about commitment…or lack there of
All wit these words
By way of my chest
Via my heart
I used to write about a partner
Standing beside me as we put one the whole armor
In the Lords honor
What would she be like?? …I would ask myself and God
How long would it last? Is it someone from my past?
Or must I search in this world so vast?
I would dream that I would look in my inbox and there she was
Then look at accepted and missed calls and there she is
All logged on my call log
If I had a myspace you would mabe be able to read about her in the blog
I dreamed I found this partner…she was the best friend I ever had
she fills me up, like no other can...so that part of me would no long be empty
Then woke up to reality, still hungry, but still trusting

I used to write when I woke up
I used to write what I dreamed about
Now my dreams are clouded with doubt
Nobody doubts me but I sometimes doubt myself
If you have seen my dreams,
You might say “Hell Naw”
That’s too much to accomplish
Too much Lord
How can I do all this and get all these people on one accord?
I used to stay up late and write. Because I didn’t wanna lose a thought
Now I just go to sleep and let the thoughts stay in the attic of my mind
Starving and cold
Bombarded with thoughts of failure
But so blessed that its beyond measure
I used to write about love, understanding, peace, etc.
I used to write at every spare moment
Now spare moments escape me
And it seems I only think of writing in moments I can’t spare
Different parts of me still starving...but still trusting

No comments:

Post a Comment