Sunday, April 4, 2010

Base and Extension

All I've ever wanted to do…was find you
A wise man told me that happiness is best when shared
One can be happy alone but when shared can't be compared
Now you have me like an Old Testament lamb
A sacrifice… not only will I, but I will become one
I lay on my stomach
So u can walk on my back
So your feet won't get dirty
When I stand, you climb on my shoulders and look toward the clouds
Reaching up to the Sun, which is shining so bright
shining because of the SON
Without you I wouldn't be able to reach as far
I am your base and you are my extension
2 stacked as 1
When I need rest you ease off my shoulders to relieve the pressure
Only to press on them slightly in ways to make them re live their pleasure
Your feet on top of mine, still not feeling the grounds worth
I will never let them touch the dirt, cuz now I represent your earth
The breath from your lungs fills mine as you become the source of my air
All made possible by the creator of all things
I grab your hips and lift you off the ground
You wrap you legs around my waist
Chest to chest, eye to eye, lips to lips, and hearts adjacent
My heartbeat quickens and so does yours, as if racing for a finish
Then they beat stride to stride as come to the line with a photo finish, tied up forever

No comments:

Post a Comment