Monday, April 5, 2010

My Black

MY BLACK
They say a white mans yes is a black maybe
I've been feelin it more and more as a black lately
Some might look and find the black tasty
made evident in history by the mixed rape baby
mixed wit cream and dark to make some masters crazy
Generations later it somehow made the black man lazy
The black man who can't seem to decipher the meaning of "Lets be hasty"
All the while tryin to decipher why "they" hate me

White men and white women pretty much all hate me
Hispanic cats and their hispanic mami's yea some hate me
My sistas yea with a passion they hate me
Not to mention the other me's, the ones that look like me, sound like me, run like me, dance like me, pray like me, even been chased like me...seems they even find ways to hate me

Using the black as an excuse to be lazy is crazy
For every 100 whites that hate me, one will help save me
for every 100 mami's that hate me, maybe one won't be able to find enough praise to equate me
for every 100 sistas that hate on me, maybe at least ten will have compliments they will wanna throw straight on me
For every 100 of my brothas to hate on me maybe at least 15 will show me the true meaning of black unity

I got a strong backbone at the south of me
though it may not be recognized by society as a majority
I respect those who respect me I encourage those who encourage me
though it may only be a minority
as for the majority I pray to the most high to touch their heart
so we all can make love to my Black
so I can give the love right back and walk side by side step by step in united harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment