Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Walk Home

Back in the summer of 2009 I had alot on my mind. Get off work at 10...I am posting this because i helped out a friend of mine by reading this piece to him. I thought i was writing this for me, but God had more than that purpose. To my family i know the vernacular may be a bit much but it is indicative to how I was feeling at the moment. So much grown since this time. Now join me on my walk home...

MY WALK HOME
9:35
Should I call for a ride?
May ask a co worker
Call a “ya dig” ask her the favor then work her
Well lemme think, naw then all my growth would be gone in a blink
Mind on the brink of thoughts that I thought were extinct
9:45 n still ain’t called for a ride
Walking around counting my strides until 9:55
Me...“Everything’s done, can I ride?”
Boss...“Sure bro, just bring the last forklift inside.”
“Cool”
I laugh cuz I said “ride” like I had one waiting out side.
Step out the door, Inhale and exhale
The thought of walking prevailed

So I started to foot it
Not in a rush so won’t push it
Insert the head phones, kick around a couple stones
Cicero bound
Random thoughts enter my mind, should I write it down? Shit I might
Jus gotta get under this street light
Pull out the pad and began writing to an unborn child
I know right…wild
On the side of the street I decided to let the pen and pad meet
They are familiar with each other
Like an infant is with the titties of the mother
So I write...

{I used to bend my elbow toward my face so many times, at times I should’ve been incarcerated
For the things I’ve said for the pussy penetration
Because I had no business
But that’s what was constantly on a young youthful wish list
Senseless.}

Back to reality my mind feeling gravity
A van backs toward me and a man asks me
“you need a ride my man, how far you gotta go”
I replied, “I’m just down the street I’m cool, there’s no rain or snow”
“But thanks I appreciate it” He said “No problem” then skated
Though I’m 23 years old, I’m much aware of danger
Grown as I am, shit I ain’t accepting no ride from a stranger lol
So I keep on footin it grasping on to my mini booklet

Back to the letter to the unborn

{Daddy likes to write, and like a student of mathematics I’m literary studious
Started of new to this
I was comparable to a small shack in the outback
Before I metamorphized into a literary high-rise
Still striving to be a skyscraper
Giving life to this paper
Becoming a pit-bull of society polishing my distinct instincts
You will find a passion too
don't get discouraged at first, it took me a while before i knew
And about your mommy, im sorry…}

Back to reality
gotta pay attention to the road before I become a casualty
Hit the gas station, standing in line patient
Hit the blocks to the house
Clearing my mind of the pain I been feeling lately
Thoughts get hazy
i had a heart attack without a clogged artery
and it did break me, well partially
don't feel for me if u reading this,
its all work of the enemy and i ain't feeding it
I been hurt so bad it feels like getting a tattoo from the inside out
But I never go down without
A fight or down right brawl
My God taught me to walk and not to go back to the crawl
So here I am world and u can’t take my joy
I been told since I was a boy
U didn’t give it to me
And u sure can’t take it away
So until my mission stops
I’l l Always be a literary and visionary RENAISSANCE

thanks for joining me during My Walk Home

P.S. To my unborn that I will never meet, I cherish the thoughts of u. To the ones i will meet in a future life state...we'll finish this discussion at a later date

No comments:

Post a Comment