Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dear Lord

Its me BC
Good and faithful servant, BC
Fall short of your glory all the time, BC
Imperfect verbally and non verbally, BC
Imperfect consciously and unconsciously, BC
I’m the one you send those dreams to
You know the ones of about tears of blood and standing before millions speaking
Or the one when I speak the mountains move and when I turn around there’s a blinding light
The one u gave the gift of writing to
And the same one who fights everyday with himself and whatever jus to put pen to pad
I’m the one who says its hard to pray for himself
I’m the one who feels misunderstood by the world
The one who fell for that one girl and you took her from this earth.
The one who fell for that other girl and you took her away from my heart.
The one who fell for the next girl and I lost my heart…and had to find it again
I’m the one you send people to when they are hurting
The one who hates to ask for help, the one who hates to pray for himself
But will pray for an enemy
Sometimes I feel like I am meant to be a success with no equal
No counterpart, no partner to any capacity
I’m the one who thanks you for my loved ones every day
And I’m the same one who sometimes feels alone in every way
Wipe my own tears away
But not if they’re the tears from a clown
Or the tears from clown moments
I just let those type of tears burn

I’m the one whos dreams will come a reality
I’m a strong man, because of you
Because of you I can wake up each morning smiling, no matter what happened the night before
You are the reason for my smile
When I can’t go to anyone else I can come to you
This is my ministry…Writing
This is my passion, and I must redirect it toward you.
There’s nothing that anyone on this earth can do for me that you can’t do better
Dear Lord
I thank you for my breath
I thank you for peace of mind
I thank you for my family
I thank you for the love I have in my heart
I thank you for the dept of it, I thank you for the passion of it, I thank you for making my heart big enough to handle it
I thank you for my friends; I thank you for my life
I thank you for sending your Son to die for me so I can one day be in your Glory.

I’m sorry for depending on others for what you have offered me since birth…Love
I’m sorry that I don’t talk to you as much as I should…cuz I need you desperately
All the heartbreak and constant pain in my heart is overshadowed by the overwhelming love
So I’m gonna keep smiling, I’m gonna move toward who would have me to be
Cuz without you there is no me
So I’m gonna be a man an stand up and pray
I pray for all those Ive hurt…I pray they know im sorry
I pray for my own hurt, and know that it only lasts for a season
I pray for the women of the world, but a special prayer for my black women
For they are my visible queens.
Cuz from one I was birthed
I pray for the men of the world, but a special prayer for my black men
Cuz that’s the first kind ive seen
That’s the kind that has been there for me
For those closest to my heart and those farthest from it…I pray for you all
I pray for those who don’t believe in you
Because I know you believe in them
So as I sit here with a tear rolling down my cheek, that feels like a small piece of lava
I wipe it away lift up my head and smile…all because of you…Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment