Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Not My Body

I have no choice, because it’s not my body
I can help create
Acts I can participate
But it’s not my body
No ring on your finger so you not obligated to call me
Tell me a week later and say you sorry
Or 8 months later have your momma contact me
Maybe just don’t tell me it all
Ain’t no Stat Quo nigga
Run away from me, I would’ve ran away wit cha
What do you need? I would breathe for you if I could
Carry this for you; or at least be there like a man should
But I didn’t get the option
Didn’t get a say so
Cuz I’m just a man
I can shed tears
I can morn
I can feel rage
But I can’t make a decision for you
Common courtesy would be nice
Simple notification would suffice
I guess im just a man and it ain’t my life
No grudges, no hate not even an ill thought
I was told to get over it and get over it I shall
I represent the brothas righteous and those who will see the fires of hell
The ones that care, but why should we?
Cuz after all, it’s not our body
BC tha Gent

No comments:

Post a Comment